This session will help you decide if hedge funds are the financial sector that you want to work in.
You’ll learn more about the principles behind hedge funds, the different types, the career pathways within the industry and more about what a junior trader, strategist and analyst actually do.
We will then dig deeper into the world of hedge funds gaining market insights from an industry specialist, and gain awareness of the trends and challenges this area of finance is currently facing.
This event will help you to
- Improve their understanding of the hedge funds sector including principles behind hedge funds and different types of hedge funds
- Identify careers pathways within hedge funds
- Explore market trends and challenges facing the hedge fund sector from an industry specialist
- Identify resources available to those who would like to explore further
Important information to book your place on the session
- Use the full name that you used to enrol on your programme at UCL
- Enter a personal email address that we can contact you on
- For ‘Subject’, select the UCL programme that you will be starting in September
- For ‘Department’, select ‘UCL School of Management’ (bottom option)
- For ‘Graduation date’ enter the date that you expect to complete your new programme at UCL, (e.g. 23/09/2022)
- Enter your Student Number (SN), which you will have received from the School of Management and can be found in your application information.
You will then receive instructions on how to log in to your new account so you can start registering for the pre-sessional programme and book your 1:1s.
Please note: it will not be possible to access any events or 1:1 appointments without first registering on MyUCLCareers.