In this session you’ll learn more about the technology sector as well as the different career paths available. We’ll also share insights on the current labour market and details of employers recruiting into this sector, as well as highlight important recruitment deadlines to be aware of.
Throughout the year you’ll enjoy access to an ongoing programme of careers support featuring sessions relevant to the technology sector, so we will explain more about these and how they will help you in your preparation.
Finally, we’ll be joined by some of our alumni who are now working in technology, who’ll share their career journeys and give you their tips on how you can best utilise the careers support available to aid you in your quest for a career in technology.
This event will help you to
- Improve understanding of the technology sector and current labour market, and identify specific career pathways
- Improve understanding of graduate employer recruitment processes and timelines within the technology sector
- Identify careers support available to enhance understanding of the technology sector and how to secure a role in this area
- Establish the best approach to utilising careers support, in order to secure a role in technology
Important information to book your place on the session
- Use the full name that you used to enrol on your programme at UCL
- Enter a personal email address that we can contact you on
- For ‘Subject’, select the UCL programme that you will be starting in September
- For ‘Department’, select ‘UCL School of Management’ (bottom option)
- For ‘Graduation date’ enter the date that you expect to complete your new programme at UCL, (e.g. 23/09/2022)
- Enter your Student Number (SN), which you will have received from the School of Management and can be found in your application information.
You will then receive instructions on how to log in to your new account so you can start registering for the pre-sessional programme and book your 1:1s.
Please note: it will not be possible to access any events or 1:1 appointments without first registering on MyUCLCareers.