Take your CV and cover letter to the next level so you stand out to employers. During this one hour session, we will refresh the basics and put you in the role of the recruiter so you understand the approach to pinpointing your skills to meet the requirements of an employer.
There will be focus on demonstrating your skills with more granular evidence and achievement oriented language to help make sure your application materials emphasise your competitive advantage.
By the end of the session, you will be able to:
- Evaluate a CV and cover letter from an employer’s perspective
- Understand the importance of tailoring your CV and cover letter to meet the requirements of the employer and how to analyse the job description for this information
- Formulate evidence at a more granular level and with more achievement oriented language to support your skills and strengths in a way that is more impactful
- Understand how the CV and cover letter complement each other
- Apply an understanding of how to research a company to create a more effective cover letter
- Structure a well presented and coherent cover letter.
This event is part of Stream 3 of the Finding Your Future series for students starting Postgraduate degrees at UCL School of Management in September 2020.
Before the event
Prior to this session we would like you to review a Job Description and to discuss together. Upon registering for the event you will receive more information about this.
Please also have a mobile phone or tablet to hand during the session as we will be using it for some interactive elements throughout the discussion.