Take your CV and cover letter to the next level so you stand out to employers. During this session, we will refresh the basics and put you in the role of the recruiter so you understand the approach to pinpointing your skills to meet the requirements of an employer.
There will be a focus on demonstrating your skills with more granular evidence and achievement-oriented language to help make sure your application materials emphasise your competitive advantage.
By the end of the session, you will be able to:
- Evaluate a CV and cover letter from an employer’s perspective
- Understand the importance of tailoring your CV and cover letter to meet the requirements of the employer and how to analyse the job description for this information
- Formulate evidence at a more granular level and with more achievement-oriented language to support your skills and strengths in a way that is more impactful
- Understand how the CV and cover letter complement each other
- Apply an understanding of how to research a company to create a more effective cover letter
- Structure a well presented and coherent cover letter.
Important information to book your place on the session
- Use the full name that you used to enrol on your programme at UCL
- Enter a personal email address that we can contact you on
- For ‘Subject’, select the UCL programme that you will be starting in September
- For ‘Department’, select ‘UCL School of Management’ (bottom option)
- For ‘Graduation date’ enter the date that you expect to complete your new programme at UCL, (e.g. 23/09/2022)
- Enter your Student Number (SN), which you will have received from the School of Management and can be found in your application information.
You will then receive instructions on how to log in to your new account so you can start registering for the pre-sessional programme and book your 1:1s.
Please note: it will not be possible to access any events or 1:1 appointments without first registering on MyUCLCareers.