A solid idea of career direction creates great applications. Whatever your career decision stage, this session will help identify your values, strengths and skills to help pinpoint career direction and create stronger CVs and applications.
This session is designed to help you create stronger CV’s and applications by clarifying your career direction and identify your key skills and strengths. It will provide an overview of the application process to help you plan effectively over the academic year to achieve your career goals.
During the session, you will also be given some techniques and resources to research roles and information to plan your career year whilst at UCL to help you achieve your goals.
By the end of the event, you will be able to:
- Better identify your unique set of values, skills and strengths to help clarify your career direction
- Articulate three ways to research the careers market and career options
- Evaluate how your unique set of skills and strengths maps onto the job market to identify roles in which you will thrive and have something to offer
- Evaluate the steps and timings in the job application process so you can more effectively plan your job search given the demands of coursework
- Articulate some of the ways the careers service can support you over the year
Important information to book your place on the session
- Use the full name that you used to enrol on your programme at UCL
- Enter a personal email address that we can contact you on
- For ‘Subject’, select the UCL programme that you will be starting in September
- For ‘Department’, select ‘UCL School of Management’ (bottom option)
- For ‘Graduation date’ enter the date that you expect to complete your new programme at UCL, (e.g. 23/09/2022)
- Enter your Student Number (SN), which you will have received from the School of Management and can be found in your application information.
You will then receive instructions on how to log in to your new account so you can start registering for the pre-sessional programme and book your 1:1s.
Please note: it will not be possible to access any events or 1:1 appointments without first registering on MyUCLCareers.