Know what to expect in an interview and how to ace it
Interviewing with confidence is all in the preparation. In this session you will learn how to predict questions by understanding the employers’ point of view and how to best prepare. Interview settings have changed substantially in recent years so there will also be tips on how to present yourself with impact in one-way video interviews and virtual in-person interviews along with the opportunity to practice.
This event will help you to
- Understand the purpose of an interview from an employer’s point of view
- Be able to predict questions in order to prepare answers before the interview
- Have some techniques for answering different types of questions with a focus on competency questions
- Have ideas for your own questions for the interview
- Improve your confidence by having practised presenting example answers
- Know some top tips on how to make an impact in both one-way video and virtual in-person interviews
- Be aware of UCL resources to help with practice
Spaces are limited so reserve early to avoid disappointment.
This event is part of Stream 2 of the Careers and Professional Development Programme series for UCL School of Management postgraduate students starting in September 2020.